Friday, November 17, 2006

woodlands

Here I am now. Sitting in the muddle middle of singapore..
it's raining almost everyday here.. well kinda good though.. not so hot in here.
My friend's apt is pretty neat and clean..
But i don't think it's a good idea living with a family.
Sometimes I'am in a dillema mood.. I don't want to interact to much with the family.. since I don't want them to feel any of differences since i moved. That's why most of the time I'm staying inside my room. Well I was kind busy too with this job search though.
Ok here's differences between HDB and Condo here:
HDB: subsidized by goverment that's why it's cheaper, no facility, depends on the condition and location, can be clean and neat or really bad shape.
Condo: private managed, lot's of facility.. of course it's more expensive...
My friend's apt is an HDB but a very clean and neat one. Good thing is that, it's quite windy here as his building located at the very backend of the complex.
Hehehe.. as I am one of the internet addict kind of guy (thanks to the superfast connection at chicago of course!!), I finally managed to persuade my host to change his plan to become unlimited.. of course I can't live with onlyy 250mb traffic per month!!! :)
I have to cut back my oversea phone use as well.. since most of my friends live outside of sg. hiks..
my apt block is kinda far from everywhere, there's nothing here. luckily there's a mart close by..only couple blocks away. with 2 food courts (halal and non)..
for the first two weeks, I was enjoying myself with lots of chinese foods.. i.e: pork, chicken, pork, pork.. huh.. now i think i got to much pork now..eventhough I only eat once a day!!
the food portion is a bit small.. but i'm getting use to it i guess. (i know it's gonna be good for me of course.. :)
I mostly eat bread at night..couple slices.. but some of the nights, i need more than that.. hungry man!!!
Gardenia bread still the best.. really soft.. feel very rich with contents..

I have to walk around 15 minutes to get to the nearest MRT station (admiralty), sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.. but luckily i just found out it's easy to get a bus from here to the station. the bad thing.. it's costly to travel everywhere here.
I spent about $5 to go everywhere at least.. that's crazy right?
hmmm maybe that's normal? huh..must tightened my budget i guess.

No comments: