Monday, July 09, 2007

an old friend

I got 2 friends coming over in 2 weeks.
Funny things, I don't know how I become the EO now..
And now I realize, things are different compared to the US.
Well, one thing that in the US the friendship bonding is kinda tighter compared to Singapore. Back in Chicago, I was kinda used to drive or pickup friends at the airport or accompanied them touring around Chicago.
But in here.. people assume you know Singapore and it feels like you're in Jakarta that you live by yourself without the need to socialize or what.
People here are more individualistic.. well that might be because I am single and most of the rest are couples and married.

But still I found some very friendly Indonesian, like the very friendly Indonesian waiter I met at CPK. He really made my day, a very good kind of people, too bad I don't know how to get him more tips.

Well I am trying to adapt living as a loner..

No comments: