I've been wondering around in some places that each has a totally different environment, situation and condition. That makes me wonder, why God put me in each of this place. I know that I am here for a reason, and He's crafting me to become a person usefull to the others with the purpose to glorify His name.
(Ephesians 2:10 ; For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.)
Sometimes I feel I don't go as steady as my other friends, sometimes I must admit that I envy them who already has a stable kind of life. But on the other part, I feel blessed that I have experienced those things in my life.
Well, I become more easily adapt to each of the condition, which is good because I'm now not afraid to move anywhere. But to be honest, I never feel home. Even in my own house that I call home. I keep wondering, where He's going to put me on my next step.
I know that I am not ready to settledown so far. I still have lots of doubts over lots of aspects of my life.
In some points I feel I have a strong convidence that I have a good chance to get a better life on every next phase of my life.
The question is, when will I know my next step.
I know the answer: Whenever I am ready to accept what He will give to me.
Romans 8:28 (New Living Translation)
And we know that God causes everything to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
My friend gave me this solitude serenity prayer which I am amazed on how deep it dig through my thoughts and answering the question that I already know the answer.
This is a good reminder for me.
Sometimes, I have to smile on occasion like this. It feels like, you need to tell me thousand times before I can accept Your answer.
Well, I know sometimes I am lack of patience lately I feel annoyed by several people who always give kind of nagging kind of attitude.
hehehe, I can see that in myself as well. I think I'm just too scared to see how annoyed He feels about me.
Here's the prayer:
MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
- Thomas Merton, "Thoughts in Solitude"
© Abbey of Gethsemani
Lord, thanks for reminding me to be more patient on all things and endure this moment through all my friends while keep rejoicing Your name.
(PS: also dig this http://www.elsajoy.com/spiritus.html)
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment