How? by loving them I guess.
Ok, I am talking about something else now. At the end of this blog, you can find a video clip of a very decent song of George Harrison. The youtube version below is played by Ukelele Master Jake Shimabukuro, I have to admit that I watched this song over and over again. I am still amazed with his mastery over that small guitar. I wish I can play like that, I wish I have a speciality in something. Sometimes I regret that I am not that talented in music. But I believe I have talent in certain way that God will use it to the benefit of other people.
The question is (I think this is my fave sentence today) how am I going to discover it?
You know that we live under God's dream. When He created us, He already has us in His mind. As we grow up, He mold us to become a better person that will fulfill His dream. He has given us Faith that we can use to live according to His will. You need to have Faith to live according to His way.
(Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) 6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.).
Faith is not passive activity, James 2:14
So how do you work your life so that it will be according to Faith?
First we have Faith to Believe in His plan for us. There are 3 phase of questions that guide us.
1. What - we need to ask God for what's His dream for us to be (Ephesians 1:17-19 (NIV)17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,)
2. How - how much we choose to belive God's plan and how to live according to His plan
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.
3. When - He will guide us through the phases of training program for us to be ready to fulfill this goal when we are ready to move closer
James 1:2-5 (New King James Version)
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
Next thing, you have to take a risk. This means not afraid of failure.
Failure is not the end of everything.
1.You need to redefine failure! remember, if you fall once, you have to stand up seven times. (“The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” John Maxwell)
2.Do not compare with others, each person work according to their level of capacity dealing with God's plan.
(Galatians 6:4 (NIV) 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,)
Then, ask Him to "Bless and Use me", because we need to act not only listen.
Proverbs 16:9 (New King James Version) In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct[a] your paths.
1 Corinthians 3:8 (NIV) 8The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.
Philippians 1:20(NIV)
20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death
How do you know if what you do is the one according to God's plan...?
Well, ask Him, He will show you at time. Meanwhile all you can do, is just do your best for everything that is assigned to you now.
Colossians 3:23-24 (New King James Version)
23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for[a] you serve the Lord Christ.
Last thing, you don't give up.
Psalm 31:24 (NIV)
24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.
Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Proverbs 24:16 (NIV)
16 for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again,
but the wicked are brought down by calamity.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
George Harrison, Jeff Healey, Robben Ford
I look at you all
See the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
Still my guitar gently weeps
I don't know why nobody told you
How to unfold your love
I don't know how someone controlled you
They bought and sold you
I look at the world and I notice it's turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps
I don't know how you were diverted
You were perverted too
I don't know how you were inverted
No one alerted you
I look at you all see the love there that's
sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
Look at you all...
Still my guitar gently weeps.
Here's the Youtube version of Jake Shimabukuro


No comments:
Post a Comment